Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Health is the Wealth of Wealth

By:  J.A.Baeyens


"I am a real estate broker and ambitious to be a top seller in the industry.  I wanted to be the best in what I do.  Rain or shine, I rush to meet clients or go to meetings, project presentations, trainings, etc.  Then I got sick, what I thought as normal pain was more serious than I expected.  I experienced the real feeling of pain not only what I was going through with  my illness but also the inconveniences and burden  I caused my family and to others for having had to care and bear with me. It was unbearable not to be able to do anything while needing too much attention and resources from others.  I was blessed to have overcome that unpleasant period of my life so I decided to share what I learned at that time I thought I was going to die.  That is how I started to get involved and ventured into the health business".

Health  - the simple definition would be  the general condition of a person in all aspects.  A healthy state of wellbeing free from disease while Wealth is commonly defined as having an abundance of material possessions and resources. Wealth does not only mean plenty of money, one can be wealthy of other things too but I am going to refer to wealth here as “money.”

When we lack wealth, we are categorized as poor but when we lack health we are simply ill or sick.  In our present society, Lifestyle is generally associated with how much asset we have or money we make.  Our status in society is measured according to our material possessions and to most, life is to have more money.  To acquire more riches we forget or abuse the most important tool we have for acquiring that wealth which is  our body.  We devote our time for wealth that will  make us successful and do not have the time to take care of ourselves-health.

Health and wealth are strongly related to each other and it is almost impossible to have one without the other.  We must have  both to enjoy life.  We can not be happy to have vast wealth but with chronic pain everyday.  In the same breath, we can’t be healthy without money specially in this century. There must be a  balance between the two and that is what our group wish to advocate.


He who enjoys good health is rich,
though he knows it not."
 Italian Proverb 


Health must be the most important wealth because with good health we can always find a way to make the money and live the life we desire. If we have poor health in the other hand, we are most likely to spend every wealth we got to have better health.




Perhaps we can learn from these Chinese Proverbs:

Image courtesy of Face it.

·         With money you can buy a house, but not a home.
·         With money you can buy a clock, but not time.
·         With money you can buy a bed, but not sleep.
·         With money you can buy a book, but not knowledge.
·         With money you can buy a doctor, but not good health.
·         With money you can buy a position, but not respect.
·         With money you can buy blood, but not life.
·         With money you can buy sex, but not love.

No comments:

Post a Comment